The Boulder woman who was airlifted to Aurora on Monday after she sustained severe burns in what police have termed an apparent cooking accident at her house has died from her wounds, according to her family.
The family identified the victim as 82-year-old Janet Gardner.
According to police, Gardner's husband came home to their house in the 4500 block of MacArthur Lane around 10:30 a.m. Monday and found Gardner's clothing on fire.
He told police he was able to douse the fire with water and transport her to Boulder Community Hospital's Foothills campus, which is across the street from MacArthur Lane.
Gardner was airlifted to a burn unit at the University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora, but died around 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Her son said it appears Gardner was making coffee with a percolator when her sleeve caught fire.