You guys know how to pick 'em. Here's a look back through the top stories this year, as judged by what you actually read on our site.
1. Half-naked climber -- possibly high on mushrooms -- rescued from First Flatiron in Boulder -- Dark horse! This was an amazing story and, yeah, got a lot of attention locally, but we didn't expect it to take first place. Our numbers say that climbing communities around the country found this one amazing. Hard to argue:
A climber who was half-naked -- and possibly high on mushrooms -- was rescued from the First Flatiron on Friday afternoon, according to the Boulder County Sheriff's Office.
At 12:35 p.m., officials received a call from a climber saying his friend was "not acting right" and required assistance as the two were climbing the First Flatiron. Both men were 25 and visiting from Missouri, according to a news release.
Jon Robert Schuttenberg said the shrooms weren't his and said that his friend "threw me under, like, 10 buses."
2. Boulder police: Feces-stained man hid in portable toilet tank, escaped chase -- We felt sure that this would be the top story of the year, but it's of course more appropriate that it comes in at, well, number two.
Boulder police are looking for a man who hid in the tank of a portable toilet at a yoga festival before running off.
A woman at the Hanuman Festival went into the portable toilet Friday and noticed something moving in the tank when she lifted the lid, according to police spokeswoman Kim Kobel. The woman exited and asked a man nearby to look inside the tank.
Later, Luke Chrisco was arrested in Vail in a separate traffic incident along Interstate 70, admitted to spying on women in bathrooms all over Boulder including at CU and told authorities that he "wanted to start a new goddess religion." Now he's going to represent himself in court.
3. Naked sushi: Boulder's Hapa bares all -- Yes, for some reason, you found this story, featuring a lovely young woman clothed mainly in food to be of interest.
University of Colorado senior Haley Dorfman has a particularly interesting part-time job.
As a "naked sushi" model for Hapa on the Hill, the 22-year-old from Atlanta, Ga., lies on her back perfectly still for up to four hours, while covered in sushi.
4. Thousands gather for 4/20 smoke-out on CU-Boulder campus -- Like it or not, 4/20 is one of the most-hyped days of the year in Boulder.
5. Playboy: CU-Boulder nation's No. 1 party school, thanks to 4/20, pot, beer -- Like it or not, 4/20 is one of the most-hyped days of the year in Boulder. Yes, we repeated ourselves on purpose.
6. Roger Ebert turns over Conference on World Affairs' 'Cinema Interruptus' -- Ebert had been coming to Boulder once a year for a long, long time.
7. So long, "South Park?" -- Well, we got this one wrong, huh?
8. Celeb judgets on "The Voice" -- After "Fuck You," Cee-Lo really settled in, didn't he?
9. DORMET: Students spice up dorm food -- You can do better than using cafeteria apples to make bongs.
10. Hollywood Headaches: Royal schmoyal, plus a sharky Gosselin and Suri's a baby -- That whole royal wedding thing got people worked up, didn't it?
11. The 20 best stoner films... that you've never seen before -- Like it or not... OK, OK. But seriously, look at this one. You really haven't heard of some of 'em.
12. Megan Fox, Ashton Kutcher, Miley Cyrus all win Razzies -- And just look at Ashton now!
13. Reality Bytes: Casey Abrams hospitalized -- The CU representative on "American Idol" had some locals captivated.
14. Former CU Buff Scotty McKnight impressive at NFL timing day -- People made a lot of fuss over Scotty's love life recently, but we think it's just a matter of time before his game outshines his... other game.
15. Boulder shooting: Todd Walker 'went out a hero' while protecting friend -- One of the scariest nights on the Hill this year will have repercussions for years to come.