Police arrested a Boulder man today on suspicion of hitting another man in the head with a brick after a fight at Nitro Club early Monday morning.

Georges Bou-Serhal, 29, could be facing a charge of first-degree assault with a deadly weapon causing serious bodily injury after being arrested early this morning.

According to police reports, Boulder police were called to an assault in the area of 14th and Walnut streets at 2:45 a.m. Monday. Police found Lenard Edward Tenhoeve bleeding from the head and transported him to Boulder Community Hospital after witnesses said Bou-Serhal hit him in the head following an altercation at Nitro Club, 1124 Pearl St.

At the hospital, Tenhoeve was uncooperative with officers and kept repeating, "I was (expletive) hit in the head with a (expletive) brick," according to the report. Tenhoeve also denied being in an altercation at Nitro Club earlier in the night even though police told him there was security footage of him wrestling with Bou-Serhal.

One of the officers drew his Taser at one point when Tenhoeve stood up and balled his fist and refused to sit down, but the officer did not deploy the Taser, according to the report.

Tenhoeve later called police and told them he was willing to talk about the alleged assault. He said he and some friends went to Nitro Club after having drinks at Conor O'Neill's. Tenhoeve said he didn't remember getting into a fight, but said, "It wouldn't surprise me that I wrestled on the ground with someone. I tend to do that when I'm drinking because I used to wrestle in school." Tenhoeve said he did not know who Bou-Serhal was.

He told officers that shortly after the two men were kicked out of Nitro, Bou-Serhal hit him in the back of the head with a brick and then rode off on a bicycle. Tenhoeve ran after him but lost him, according to the report.

Tenhoeve required nine stitches to the back of his head, and a doctor at the hospital signed off on a serious bodily injury form.

Several other witnesses reported seeing a man matching the description of Bou-Serhal fleeing the scene.

After Nitro Club identified Bou-Serhal as the suspect in the video, he was contacted by police. He admitted he got into an argument with Tenhoeve at Nitro and that Tenhoeve tried to "choke me out," but denied hitting him in the head after they were separated at Nitro.

Police arrested Bou-Serhal on suspicion of first-degree assault. He remains in custody at the Boulder County Jail and is due for a setting of bond today.