The eastbound U.S. 36 off-ramp to Sheridan Boulevard will be closed nightly today through Saturday, and the off-ramp to Federal Boulevard will be closed today through Wednesday in connection with work on the U.S. 36 Express Lanes project.
The Sheridan off-ramps will close nightly at 10 p.m. today through Thursday, reopening at 5:30 a.m. the following day. Friday and Saturday, the closures will start at 11 p.m. and run through 8 a.m. the following day, according to an email update about the project sent by the Colorado Department of Transportation. The closures are needed for drainage and wall installation.
There also will be single lane restrictions on the Sheridan off-ramps from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today through Saturday for bridge excavation work. One lane will remain open on each ramp, according to CDOT.
The closures of the off-ramp to Federal will start nightly at 6 p.m. today through Wednesday, reopening at 5:30 a.m. the following day. The closures are needed for barrier construction, according to CDOT.
In addition, there will be closures of various off-ramps from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. through Saturday as eastbound traffic is routed on to new concrete pavement. The closures, which CDOT said will occur at various times, are: the eastbound U.S. 36 off-ramp to West Flatiron Crossing Drive, the eastbound U.S. 36 off-ramp to Interlocken Loop, the Interlocken Loop on-ramp to eastbound U.S. 36 and the East Flatiron Crossing Drive on-ramp to eastbound U.S. 36.
CDOT said no two consecutive ramps will be closed at the same time and encouraged drivers to use alternate routes as much as possible to avoid the area.
Other closures to expect this week in connection with the project include:
Today through Saturday:
• Single lane restrictions on eastbound U.S. 36 from east of Church Ranch Boulevard to Federal Boulevard from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. for wall and barrier construction, grading and paving.
• Single lane restrictions on westbound U.S. 36 between Federal and Sheridan boulevards from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. The restrictions are needed for median barrier demolition, wall installation, grading, paving and concrete hauling, according to CDOT.
• Single lane restrictions on eastbound and westbound U.S. 36 from 88th Street to Wadsworth Parkway from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. for dirt and concrete hauling, paving, striping, temporary barrier placement, surveying and repairing potholes.
• Single lane restrictions in both directions of U.S. 36 from the 88th Street bridge to Foothills Parkway from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. for striping, pothole repair, barrier installation and survey work.
Today through Friday:
• Single lane restrictions from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on East Flatiron Crossing Drive for roadway and sidewalk work. One lane of travel will remain open at all times.
• U.S. 36 will be closed in both directions under the Sheridan Boulevard bridge from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. March 26-28 for wall installation. Traffic will be detoured at the exit ramps and routed immediately back onto U.S. 36 via the on-ramps.
• Single lane restrictions on McCaslin Boulevard and the U.S. 36 ramps from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. March 24-28. The lane restrictions are needed for surveying, boring and utility relocations. The weekday restrictions will continue over the next several months, according to CDOT.
• Weather permitting, the eastbound U.S. 36 off-ramp to Wadsworth Parkway will be closed from 9 p.m. March 28 through 5:30 a.m. March 31. Alternate routes are advised. The closure is necessary to complete work on the substructure of the ramp and tie it in to the new concrete pavement, according to CDOT.
• Eastbound U.S. 36 off-ramp to Wadsworth Parkway will have a single left lane restriction from 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. March 29-31 for seeding and mulching.
For more information on the U.S. 36 Express Lanes Project and upcoming closures and detours, go to us36expresslanes.com or call the project hotline at 303-404-7042.