BOULDER, Colo. –
The Boulder Chophouse was evacuated Friday evening after employees accidentally mixed together cleaning solutions, creating a foaming, hazardous brew.
Firefighters closed off a section of Walnut Street just before 6 p.m. while members of the hazardous materials team worked to clean up the toxic mix.
Three employees were exposed to the fumes, but none experienced any serious symptoms, police said.
Firefighters think employees poured cleaning product containing hydrochloric and phosphoric acids into a container with bleach residue, causing a reaction that formed a potentially toxic gas.
The scene was cleared by 9:45 p.m., police said.