DENVER –

Forecasters are upgrading the potential for significant snow in the metro area tomorrow, switching a winter storm watch to a warning with feet – not inches – of snow now possible.

The spring snowstorm could bring the heaviest snow the metro area has seen all year, with a total accumulation between 8 and 15 inches for the I-25 urban corridor and from 1 to 2 feet in the Front Range foothills and the Palmer Divide.

Near-blizzard conditions may exist in the mountains, as strong winds whip the heavy snow around. Conditions may be hazardous for drivers on the high mountain passes and over the Palmer Divide, as well as in northeastern Colorado, including the cities of Fort Collins, Greeley, Fort Morgan and Sterling.

For the full story, visit denverpost.com.

Never thought I’d see the day when I was looking FORWARD to feet of snow…

springerwannab

3/25/2009 3:01:05 PM

I’m going to write a paper comparing the victims of the upcoming blizzard to Nazis.

15 minutes, here I come…

disco_stu

3/25/2009 3:05:19 PM

Great! The foxes and cougars will be crawling into Brinkley’s sleeping bag for warmth . . .

Doc_Brinkley

3/25/2009 3:10:47 PM

Doc, you say that like it’s a bad thing! 😉

RoseFromTheDead

3/25/2009 3:37:56 PM

Doc, even humans can get rabies, so be careful they only bite you softly.

I’m always looking forward to snow, this is great.I’ve still got my money on 60 and sunny, but I can always hope.

super_boulder

3/25/2009 3:39:25 PM

I will believe it when I see it!COME ON SNOW!

KonaDog1

3/25/2009 3:53:02 PM

The Denver Post article says “Between 5 and 8 inches of snow, all told, could fall in Denver and Boulder.”

Either way, the moisture will be nice. 15 inches would give us a better shot at a day off, though.

KR

3/25/2009 3:53:34 PM

Got a half inch in the past ten minutes, but now there is lots of blue sky.

Come on Ullr, bring it on!

Mtn_Girl

3/25/2009 4:20:21 PM

Cough, cough, ahmmm, I think I’m coming down with a case of (powder) flu. Cough.

Guess I’d better stay home from work tomorrow’m, head up to Eldora or maybe Loveland, for a cure, just in case. Cough.

fgd135

3/25/2009 5:14:48 PM

fgd – maybe this ski report from Eldora will make you feel better?

“Huge Spring snowstorm heading this way!According to 9 NEWS meteorologist Ashton Altieri, a Spring snowstorm is taking aim on a large part of Colorado including the metro area. Snow will start falling along the Front Range by Thursday morning. A WINTER STORM WATCH is in effect from Thursday morning through late Thursday night…What does that mean for Eldora?Anywhere from 5-8 inches or more – and Powder Thursday & Friday!!”

Mtn_Girl

3/25/2009 5:20:02 PM

snow should fall all at once….

the_daily_tracks_what_you_read

3/25/2009 5:23:15 PM

Everybody always talks about the weather, but nobody ever does anything about it.

ThatCertainWoman

3/25/2009 8:07:31 PM

The one thing I really hate about the snow and ice on the roads is that the Californian and Texan drivers do not know how to drive in snow and ice and for some reason, they as well as others, espically the ones with the big cars and trucks, this it is Indy 500 and still go as fast and wild as they want to. Then they come across someone driving carefully and defensively and race around then, either causing themselves or that other car to have a accident. NOT good.

coolpooh