Workshop on fire eating sparks a false fire alarm
MCKEES ROCKS, Pa. — A workshop on fire eating sparked a false fire alarm at a former church near Pittsburgh.
Neighbors called 911 after spotting flames inside the building in McKees Rocks at about 9 p.m. Monday.
Firefighters arrived to find flames — but they weren’t burning out of control.
Instead, a group of 25 people was participating in a workshop, learning to perform the circus trick of fire eating.
Fire Chief Nick Radoycis says the building didn’t have running water or fire extinguishers, so the group might be cited for trespassing or using the building without a proper permit.
Ed Pinto, one of the participants, says there was no harm done or intended, saying the group was “hanging out and doing our crazy stuff” and someone called the fire department.
Twitter accidentally suspends CEO’s account
SAN FRANCISCO — Twitter CEO and co-founder Jack Dorsey says the social media platform accidentally suspended his account.
Dorsey tweeted Tuesday night, “just setting up my twttr.again (account suspension was an internal mistake).” The post was an echo of his first-ever tweet, which came in 2006.
San Francisco-based Twitter suspended the accounts of several prominent members of the so-called “alt-right” in an apparent crackdown on accounts tied to hate speech or threats of violence. Twitter declined comment but noted its policies against hate speech and harassment.
Some supporters of the movement cheered Dorsey’s brief suspension with celebratory tweets Tuesday.