Boulder roads are going to be more packed than usual on Monday. They won’t be filled with cars, but runners and walkers participating in the 41st annual Bolder Boulder.
The annual 10-kilometer run/walk traverses the city and will require a number of road closures on the race route and beyond.
The first wave of closures, which run through 1 p.m. will begin at 5 a.m. on 30th Street, which will be closed from Pearl to Arapahoe Avenue.
Remaining closures, which will mirror the race route that ends at Folsom Field at the University of Colorado Boulder, will go into effect starting at 6 a.m. They include:
- 30th Street — Extending the closure to span from Arapahoe Avenue to Valmont Road.
- Valmont Road — From 28th to 30th streets.
- Pine Street — From 25th to 28th streets.
- Folsom Street — From 25th Street to Hawthorne Avenue.
- Hawthorne Avenue — Between Folsom and 23rd streets.
- 23rd Street — Closed at the intersection with Glennwood Drive.
- Glenwood Drive — Closed until it turns into 21st Street, ending at Vista Drive.
- Vista Drive — Closed through 19th Street.
- 19th Street — Closed to Balsam Avenue and 18th Street.
- 18th Street — Closed for a block until reaching Cedar Avenue.
- 13th Street — From Cedar Avenue to Spruce Street.
- Spruce Street — Between 13th and 15th streets.
- 15th Street — Closed for a block before meeting Pearl Street.
- Pearl Street — Between 15th and 20th streets.
- 20th Street — Between Pearl and Walnut streets.
- Walnut Street — Between 20th and Folsom streets.
In addition to closures along the race route, Walnut Street will be closed between 33rd and 38th streets. Pearl Parkway will be closed from just east of 30th Street to Foothills Parkway for Regional Transportation District drop-offs.
RTD buses will drop off passengers between Walnut and 33rd streets and Walnut and 38th streets and runners will be dropped off at the 28th Street Frontage Road. Pick up for the RTD return trip will be at the Euclid Avenue and 18th Street bus stop. A shuttle also will commute back to the starting spot. Pricing and a comprehensive route can be found at rtd-denver.com/bolder-boulder.