GET BREAKING NEWS IN YOUR BROWSER. CLICK HERE TO TURN ON NOTIFICATIONS.

X

Boulder firefighters responded to a fire Thursday morning at The Kitchen on Pearl St.
PUBLISHED: | UPDATED:

No injuries were reported during two fires at Boulder restaurants Thursday.

According to Shannon Aulabaugh, spokesperson for the Boulder Fire Department, one was around 11:30 a.m. after flames were seen coming from a kitchen grill at The Kitchen Bistro, 1039 Pearl St.

Firefighters from the Boulder Fire Department responded to the scene. The cause was determined to be a faulty grill system. Between 10 to 15 staff members and six to seven patrons were evacuated prior firefighters’ arrival. As of 4:45 p.m., Aulabaugh said she did not yet have an estimate on the cost of damage.

The health department was also prompted by Boulder firefighters to respond, which is typical when a restaurant has a fire, according to Marshall Lipps, environmental health specialist for Boulder Public Health.

Lipps said the restaurant was expected to be closed for at least a day as staff worked to clean up from the fire. Boulder Public Health will inspect the business again before its re-opening. Lipps said he did not know how long the business would be closed.

Later that afternoon, firefighters responded to Boss Lady Pizza, 1129 13th St., for a soda machine fire.

The fire started around 4 p.m. and is believed to have been caused by a short in the soda machine’s power strip, according to Aulabaugh.

The fire did not cause any damage to the restaurant and the power strip was disconnected.

Boss Lady Pizza was re-opened for business shortly after the incident.

blog comments powered by Disqus