Skip to content
Alexander Reid Wilkinson

A Longmont man is accused of sexually assaulting a woman he had briefly dated when he tried to get back together with her in March.

Alexander Reid Wilkinson, 25, was arrested Monday on suspicion of two counts of sexual assault – overcoming victim’s will, according to jail records.

He was released on a $20,000 personal recognizance bond and is set for a formal filing of charges on Wednesday.

According to an affidavit, a woman called police on March 17 and said Wilkinson had sexually assaulted her.

The woman said she had known Alex for a few years and they had dated “on and off” before Wilkinson “ghosted” her in January.

The woman said Wilkinson on March 13 reached out to apologize for not talking to her, and asked if she wanted to go and talk.

According to the affidavit, the woman met Wilkinson at his house in Longmont and they began talking. The woman told police Wilkinson began talking about how he was sorry about the way things ended, but then sexually assaulted her.

The woman said she told Wilkinson to stop numerous times, and he eventually did. The woman said she was afraid to leave, and so stayed over that night.

She told police Wilkinson then had sex with her again the next morning while she did not say anything.

The woman left the house and called a sex assault hotline and some friends about the incident. She then later contacted police and went to get a sexual assault examination.

Police examined text conversations between Wilkinson and the woman and saw texts in which Wilkinson wrote, “Can I make it up to you some how I’m sorry I know you said know but you also did say we both wanted it and something came over me and I stopped but shouldn’t have taken that far.”

When police talked to Wilkinson on April 2, he told police the sex was consensual.

According to the affidavit, he told an officer: “Um, well in the beginning we had talked about us not doing it and waiting for a little bit. And then things got heated and in the moment, we both, uh, were going at it. And she asked me to stop, so I stopped. And then later that night we continued on because we both wanted to keep going.”

Wilkinson then ended the call, and an attorney later contacted police on his behalf.

According to the affidavit, Wilkinson has no prior criminal history.

Join the Conversation

We invite you to use our commenting platform to engage in insightful conversations about issues in our community. We reserve the right at all times to remove any information or materials that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable to us, and to disclose any information necessary to satisfy the law, regulation, or government request. We might permanently block any user who abuses these conditions.